Friday, December 11, 2009

Stuffed Bell Peppers


A few weeks ago I made this for my family. It was one of the last days my eldest sister would be at home. She's a vegetarian so I thought I would make a good hearty meal for her before she moved to San Francisco. This is really good, it's east and is impressive. I used orange,yellow,green,and red so we each got our own bell pepper.
Ingredients:
4 large bell peppers
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1/2 cup diced yellow squash (the store I went to sold a assortment of local grown squash so I picked up a few different kinds, so whatever catches your fancy.)
1/2 cup peeled and diced eggplant
1/3 cup raisins
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup marinara sauce

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil. Place whole peppers on baking sheet pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until skin is brown. Transfer from oven and quickly dip in ice cold water. Peel skins, careful not to remove stem. Using a sharp knife, make a slit, starting at the base of the stem, lengthwise down one side. Carefully scoop out seeds and the membrane. Set aside.
2. In a large saute pan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add zucchini,squash, and eggplant. Add raisins,salt, and pepper. Transfer to food prosscer and chop slightly. Stuff each pepper with 1/2 cup mixture. Lightly spray with olive oil and roll on Parmesan. Place on baking sheet pan.

3. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake stuffed peppers for 15 minutes turning every 5 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with 1/4 cup of marinara sauce.
I also served fruit bowls and dinner rolls. I hope you enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment